Saturday, October 27, 2012

Career Change Cover Letter Samples

Bored with your current job? Start anew! But in order to do so, perhaps you will need some help with writing a career change cover letter. So here are some free career change cover letter samples for you.

It is quite possible that monotony can set in after a few years in a particular job. And especially in jobs where the work offers no challenge, no variety and no creativity, people feel more and more attracted towards a different career. Making the shift from one career to another is clearly different, as is convincing the recruiting company that you will be able to do a good job there, without any experience to talk of. This is where a career change cover letter comes in. A career change cover letter is a formal letter written by the person who wants a career change, to justify to the recruiting company that with his skill set, he will be able to perform well in the job he is applying for.

Career Change

A career change can also build towards a more diverse career over your working life, so we can also call the career change cover letter a career building cover letter. A lot of people start a career without knowing if that is the career they would like to follow for the rest of their lives. Choosing the right career can be tough when you are young. So before making that big change in your career, you need to get career counseling on how to choose a career.

Career Change Cover Letters

When you make that big decision of changing your career, you have to also convince the recruiting companies that, despite not having relevant experience in their industry, you feel that given your individual skill sets and personal qualities, you can be the right person for the job. So the career change cover letter writing involves writing down the skills which you feel will help you perform well in the job you are applying for.

Samples of Career Change Cover Letter

Here are a couple of career builder cover letter samples. In the first one, the employee of a multinational company-Mr. Smith is writing to the HR of his own company asking to be shifted to a different department of the same company. A lot of companies might be tempted to offer their better employees a career change in their own company as hard-working and loyal employees can be quite rare. Such a situation is a win-win situation for both the company and the employee, the employee gets a career change and the company retains the talent they want in their company. Read on to learn about better career planning.
To,
The Human Resources Manager,
ABS Corp.

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, Mr. Smith have been working in this organization for the past 10 years in the capacity of an accounts manager of the Soaps Division of this esteemed company.

But over the past few months, I have been re-evaluating my skill sets and my interests and I have come to believe that a job in the marketing division would suit me well. Here are some of the key skills I possess which I feel will help me do well in such a job.
1. Knowledge of the Product: Having worked in this company for 10 years, I believe I have extensive knowledge of the company, the way it works, its clients and the product itself which I feel will help me market the product better.
2. Communication Skills: Over the years I have always known that I have very good communication and networking skills. I also enjoy meeting new people and am very comfortable dealing with clients. So I believe I can bring these hitherto untapped job skills in this career.
3. Qualifications: You will also see that I have done my master's degree in both accounts and marketing fields. Over the years I have also kept myself up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of marketing. Hence I believe that I also have the know-how and sound knowledge of marketing principles which will help me perform well on the job.
Apart from these, I'm also a results-driven person, loyal to the company, energetic and eager to learn and my years in the company stand as a testimony to the above.

Hence, I would be delighted if you were to consider me for the post of marketing manager, recently vacated by Mr. Williams. I assure you that I am eager to make this shift in my career and hope that this company will give me the desired platform.

Thanking you,
Mr Smith.

Here's another career change resume examples as given by Mr. Jones in this career change cover letter. Mr. Jones is working in one company and feels a better opportunity at a better job in a different field and is applying to a different company.
To,
The Human Resources Manager,
ABD Corp

Respected Sir/Madam,

My name is Mr. Jones and I am currently employed in the engineering division of TFSA Corp. I wish to apply for the job of Copywriter in your advertising company as you had posted the same on a job portal.

Although I have been working in the engineering department of the TFSA Corp. for over 5 years now, I believe that my interests and skills have always been more on the creative side. And having done a diploma in marketing and advertising recently, I only feel more equipped to handle a job of a copywriter in your prestigious firm.

Some of the key skills I possess, which I feel will help me become successful in the job include
1. Communication Skills: Any job in advertising will involve a good amount of communication with the client companies and I most certainly feel that I am up for the challenge. I have always been very good at talking to people and feel that I can really use this skill very productively at the workplace.
2. Hard Work: The job of a copywriter will presumably involve several long days at work and a lot of sleepless nights, but being the success and achievement driven man that I am, I feel that I will revel in such a situation and will be the best candidate for the job.
3. Creativity: Unfortunately, there is really no way I can quantify this skill to you in a letter, but I am sure that when the opportunity presents itself, I will be able to do reasonably well.
So I would be delighted if you were to consider me for the post of a copywriter. I believe that I am the right man for the job.

Thanking you,
Mr. Jones.

Looking for a career change but don't know where to go? Check out this article on career change ideas.

So these were some of the career change cover letter samples. Career change is a big decision one takes in life and before you do it, you need to be thoroughly convinced that you will be able to do well in another career.

No comments:

Post a Comment